Sunday 14 November 2010

Track Design - Tunnel

Track Design.

Track design has been one area that I’ve been somewhat confident in how it will look, but never the less have been sidestepping somewhat. This wasn’t because I didn’t want to create a concept, but rather as designing a track of this style presents me with a somewhat unique challenge in terms of perspective. Nevertheless today I designed one track for my game. This particular track is very conventional in terms of ‘futuristic’ games. By this I mean it features metallic textures, slight neon lights and a very geometric series of lines running throughout.
In terms of the outcome of the track, I was really impressed. Using a basic paper guideline, I constructed each row and column carefully – making sure to convey the smooth metallic textures and slivers of neon in each area. The feedback I received was really good but I know that the end result will look better when some solid bike sprites and obstacles are placed on it - two areas which I shall cover soon

No comments:

Post a Comment