Wednesday 13 October 2010

Wk 3: Day 3: Changes taken

With print day fast approaching, I needed to finalise the writing on the card. My first idea - which was the neon lighting - was far too modern for the theme so stepping back from that, I took Josh's advice and used Market Deco typeface - obtained from DaFont.com. The typeface, designed by Steve Ferrera was specified as free for personal use, so meant that it could be used without copyright infringement. This was useful, as the writing perfectly fitted our theme.

But nevertheless I needed to incorporate writing onto my cards - which I had altered to be a more copper colour to fit with Roberts’s earlier advice to make them look copper colour.
Once again, the features of Photoshop elements 6.0 were handy in creating a bevelled effect on the typeface – which added to both the 3D element of graphic and meant the representation of writing carved into metal was met. Once again though, upon asking several people for their opinions, I discovered that many found it very difficult to read the writing on the card. This was a critical blow and after experimenting with different typeface and colours, I decided to make alterations to the card template. The major issue with the typeface was that it was hard to read in the darker areas. To counteract this, I used the dodge tool to lighten the area around the typeface to ensure that it was easier to read. This process was repeated until all of those I asked could read the writing.


The final card design - which I applied all 30+ effects to and saved in TIFF format for printing.

No comments:

Post a Comment